JIPMER 2022 Exam - Registration, Exam Dates, Admit Card, Eligibility, Syllabus
Candidates preparing for JIPMER Exam must be aware of the fact that JIPMER 2022 Exam has already been replaced by NEET 2022 and students must take NEET 2022 in order to be eligible for admission to medical institutions currently operating across the country. Candidates willing to take admission to the Undergraduate programs offered by Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, Puducherry must appear in and qualify NEET Examination. Previously, the institute used to conduct JIPMER Exam.
Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, Puducherry is one of the leading medical institutes in India and is under the Government of India since the year 1956. The institute is spread over a sprawling 195-acre campus in Pondicherry. JIPMER Admission is conducted by the institute itself for which it conducts JIPMER Entrance Examination every year.
As per the record, there were almost 2 lakh students who appeared in the exam conducted last year. The examination was held at 290 centers across the country and keeping the records of the previous year, it can be assumed that the total number of seats available under JIPMER 2022 would be 200 wherein 150 seats would be in JIPMER Puducherry and 50 seats in JIPMER Karaikal.
More about JIPMER 2022
JIPMER MBBS 2022
Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, Puducherry
Mode of Examination
Computer Based Test (Online)
Medium of Examination
Duration of Examination
2.5 hours i.e. 150 minutes
Type of Questions
Multiple Choice Questions
Total Number of Questions
Number of Seats
JIPMER has released the schedule of the examination to be conducted in the year 2022.
JIPMER MBBS 2022 Exam Dates
Candidates can get complete exam dates for JIPMER MBBS in the table below. These exam dates are based on the NEET 2022 examination:
The application form for NEET is already released in an online mode. Candidates must fill the JIPMER online application carefully, as no changes would be allowed once the form is submitted. The JIPMER Application Correspondence printout should be kept safely for future reference.
The JIPMER Application Fee is INR 1500 (INR 900 for SC/ST Category candidates). The fee can be paid only in an online mode (Credit/Debit/Net banking). OPH Candidates will be exempted from paying the JIPMER Application Fee.
JIPMER 2022 Application Procedure
The application procedure of JIPMER Exam needs to be completed online on the official website of JIPMER and as per the latest notification, the application form for the exam can be completed on or before 20th April 2022. The procedure of filling of the application form needs to be completed in two phases.
In the first phase, candidates are required to submit their personal details and generate a User ID and Password. Candidates must successfully register themselves. Candidates, while registering, must ensure that the details such as Personal and Professional must be entered correctly as any incorrect detail may lead to cancelation of candidature.
How to Apply for JIPMER 2022:
Following are the steps for the application of JIPMER 2022:
- Visit the institute's official website at https://www.jipmer.edu.in. Explore the website's whole collection of information
- Select the test link by clicking.
- Click the sign-up button.
- For registration, enter a working email address and a mobile number.
- Examine and click the URL provided by the authority to log in.
- To sign in, enter your user ID and password.
- After logging in, complete the application form with all necessary information.
- Choose a category
- Accept to continue
- Upload your scanned signature and photo
- To double-check, use the "Preview" button.
- Check the "I Agree" box.
- Send the application in
- Visit the payment page.
- Utilize Net Banking, a credit card, or a debit card to pay the application fee.
- Remove the print off it.
Below are the documents for the JIPMER 2022 Application:
- Photograph: If the picture doesn't have the candidate's name and the date, it won't be taken into consideration.
- Signature: The signature will measure 80 mm wide by 35 mm high.
- Added certification: Other than the UR and P-UR categories, the candidate must upload a certificate of caste or community.
JIPMER 2022 Application Fee
JIPMER Eligibility Criteria are as detailed below:
- Candidates must be an Indian citizen.
- NRI and OCI candidates can also apply.
- Candidates should have completed 17 years in the year 2022.
- Candidates would be required to qualify 10+2 examination from a recognized board.
- The candidates should pass the above examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology subjects.
- Candidates must secure at least 50% marks in the General category, 40% marks (OBC, SC, ST, OPH) and 45% marks in (GEN OPH) in PCB subjects.
Also Read : NEET PASSING MARKS 2022
JIPMER 2022 Exam Pattern
JIPMER 2022 Exam Pattern will include a total of 1000 marks for the postgraduate course syllabus. For every successful response, 4 marks will be awarded, while each erroneous response will result in a score deduction of 1 Mark. The distribution of marks each subject is listed below.
JIPMER Examination details are given as below:
- The JIPMER Examination would be held in an online mode.
- The JIPMER Question Paper would be in English and Hindi language.
- The question paper would be an objective type.
- 200 questions would be asked in the examination.
- For every correct answer, one mark shall be allotted to the candidates.
- There would be no negative marking.
- Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Logic and English contain a total of 200 questions.
JIPMER 2022 Admit Card
You can download the JIPMER 2022 Admit Card from the official website. An applicant must input their application number, user ID, and password in order to download their admission card. The name of the candidate, roll number, date of birth, name and address of the exam centre, exam date, and other details are all included on the admit card.
Below are the steps for downloading JIPMER Admit card:
- Visit the institute's website.
- Select "Examination"
- Check out "JIPMER MBBS ENTRANCE EXAMINATION 2022"
- Select "Hall Ticket" from the menu.
- To log in, enter your User ID and password.
- Verify the admit card that is displayed on the screen.
- Print it out after downloading it.
Candidates would be able to download their JIPMER Admit Card in the online mode from the official website. The JIPMER Admit Card was available in june 2022.
The JIPMER Result would be declared in the month of August 2022. Candidates would be able to view their JIPMER MBBS Result in an online mode. On the basis of the percentile and marks secured by a candidate, the JIPMER Merit List shall be prepared.
The JIPMER Counseling is usually conducted in an offline mode. JIPMER Counselling shall begin from the month of August. The JIPMER Counselling would be conducted in 4 rounds. Candidates would be required to go through Biometric fingerprint and image verification prior to appearing for JIPMER Counselling. Candidate's documents would be verified at the time of counseling. The seat shall be allotted to the candidates on the basis of the merit list declared.
Documents required at the time of JIPMER counseling would be as follows:
- 10th and 12th Marksheets
- 10th and 12th Passing Certificate
- JIPMER MBBS Admit card
- Age Proof and Category
- Residence Certificate
- Passport Size Photographs
Also Check - What will be NEET Cutoff for NEET 2022?
JIPMER and AIIMS are the standalone exams that are being held apart from NEET which is the sole medical entrance examination. NEET has been made a nationwide medical entrance exam that would be conducted to unify the medical admission system and to abolish capitation fees that are levied by various private medical colleges. It is the entrance exam for admission to MBBS course offered by the Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research for about 200 seats.
JIPMER 2022 Result
- Check out the institute's webpage.
- Select the "Examination" tab.
- JIPMER MBBS ENTRANCE EXAMINATION can be reached.
- Select the download link.
- To log in, enter the details.
- Take a printout of the result after downloading it.
Also Read: NEET Results
JIPMER 2022 Counselling
JIPMER 2022 based on the cut-off score and rank, the institute will perform counselling. The candidate must physically be present at the designated location and time, together with all necessary paperwork, for the counselling session. The procedure of counselling include registration, biometric verification, photo ID verification, certificate checking and verification, etc. The following list includes every document that the applicant needs to bring to the counselling appointment.
The Documents list is mentioned below for the counselling:
- JIPMER 2022 Admit Card or Hall ticket
- JIPMER 2022 Score Card
- Proof of Date of Birth (Birth Certificate or Certificate of 10th class).
- Pass Certificate of the qualifying examination.
- Marks statement of the qualifying examination.
- Character Certificate from the Head of the Institute last studied.
- Residence Certificate issued by the Revenue Authority, not below the rank of Tahsildar.
- Community Certificate for OBC or Other Backward Classes / Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe by Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tahsildar.
- Transfer Certificate from the Head of the Institution last studied.
- Residence Certificate only for the resident of Puducherry
- Employer Certificate (if applicable)
- Medical Certificate in case of OPH Candidate.
- Six recent passport size colour photographs.
- NRI Status certificate for Non-Resident Indian issued by the Indian Embassy of the respective Country with the Embassy seal.
- Certificate of Registration for Overseas Citizen of India
JIPMER 2022 Cut-Off
For a candidate to be chosen for the JIPMER 2022 Counseling Process, the JIPMER 2022 Cut Off marks are important. The cut-off categories are listed below since the cut-off score was determined using percentile scores.
FAQs related to JIPMER
Who is eligible for JIPMER 2022?
The candidates should be an Indian National. Should have completed 17 years as on the age of admission. Must have passed in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology individually obtaining an aggregate of 50%.
What is the scoring rule for negative marking?
Every correct response would be awarded 1 mark. zero marks would be awarded to any question with a negative response. There is no negative marking for JIPMER.
In which mode is JIPMER conducted?
JIPMER would be conducted by way of Computer Based Test.
Where should the application form be submitted?
The application form would be submitted on the official website portal.
Is it difficult to get JIPMER?
JIPMER being among the top institutes of Medical sciences in India is considered more difficult than NEET.
JIPMER Latest News & Updates
Latest Articles on JIPMER
The Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research will be conducting JIPMER PG entrance examination for admissions in various Post Graduate courses (Doctor of Medicine & Master of Surgery) offered by the institute. JIPMER has currently released a tentative schedule for... Read more
The Jawaharlal Institute Postgraduate Medical Education & Research known as JIPMER conducts an annual medical entrance examination called ‘JIPMER MBBS' for the admission to MBBS degree courses offered by JIPMER Puducherry and JIPMER Karaikal. According to the NIRF Ranking 2018, JIPM... Read more
After NEET, JIPMER is the toughest medical exam for MBBS entrance. The upcoming JIPMER exam has been scheduled for June 3, 2018. JIPMER is being conducted by Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research Institute every year to take admissions into MBBS and other Medic... Read more
JIPMER is an entrance examination conducted by Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate and Medical Research, Puducherry for admissions to various Post Graduate and Under Graduate courses Medical and Paramedical courses offered by the JIPMER Institutes. The candidates aspiring to seek admission... Read more