Latest Update - CAT 2023 Exam results have been announced today i.e December 21, 2023. Candidates who have appeared for the exam can check their results on the official website @iimcat.ac.in.
The window will be made available once the result is released. Candidates are advised to visit the website and check their response sheet along with answer key by logging into their accounts. They can log in using their CAT Login Credentials. In case of any discrepancy, candidates can raise objection against the questions within the stipulated timeline given.
Also Read - What After CAT Result 2023?
IIM Lucknow conducted CAT Exam 2023 on 26 November 2023. Candidates who took the exam can check their CAT 2023 Result on the IIM CAT Official Website– iimcat.ac.in once it is released. IIM Lucknow will not announce the exact CAT Result Date and CAT Result Time. The examination conducting body will activate CAT Result 2023 Link on the website and students can check their results by entering their login credentials. The CAT 2023 login credentials required to check IIM CAT 2023 Result will be User ID and Password.
The CAT 2023 Scorecards will also be announced online at iimcat.ac.in and candidates can download their CAT Scorecard using their CAT Login ID and Username. The scorecard of CAT 2023 Exam will consist of details such as candidate's name, registration number, photograph, sectional score, overall score, sectional percentile, overall percentile, exam date, etc.
CAT Result 2023 Highlights
CAT Exam Date
November 26, 2023
CAT Result Date
December 21, 2023
CAT Result Website
CAT Result 2023
After the declaration of CAT Result 2023, all the IIMs will release their individual CAT Cutoff and the shortlisting for IIM Admission will begin based on CAT Cutoff and marks obtained by candidates. Students who appeared in the exam or are preparing for it must know about the other details such as How to download CAT Result?, the CAT Result 2023 Link, How is CAT Percentile Calculated?, What is the difference CAT Marks vs Percentile?, What is the Normalization in CAT Exam?, etc.
How to Check CAT Result 2023?
Once CAT Result 2023 is declared by IIM Lucknow at iimcat.ac.in, CAT 2023 Aspirants can check the steps to download CAT Result 2023/ CAT Scorecard 2023 using the steps mentioned below in this article. They must ensure that they follow these steps for a hassle-free process:
Steps to Check CAT Exam Result 2023?
- Visit the CAT Official Website – iimcat.ac.in.
- Click on the CAT Result 2023 Link named as – ‘CAT Result 2023' tab and enter your CAT User ID and Password to proceed.
- Navigate to and Click on the ‘IIM CAT Scorecard' Tab on the next page.
- CAT Result 2023 will be displayed on the computer screen.
- Download the CAT Result 2023 and save it.
- Candidates can also take a printout of their CAT Scorecard for future reference.
Note* Besides this, candidates will also be intimated about the announcement of their CAT 2023 Result via text message/ SMS on the mobile number and email on their email id registered by them at the time of CAT 2023 Registration. The CAT Percentile will be mentioned in this email and text message sent to them.
CAT Scorecard 2023 – Details Mentioned
Below mentioned are the details mentioned on CAT Scorecard 2023:
- CAT 2023 Registration Number/ User ID
- Candidate's Name, Category, and Gender
- Date of Birth
- Date and Time of Examination
- Candidate's Contact Details
- Candidate's Email Id
- CAT Scaled Score
- CAT Sectional Score
- CAT Overall Percentile
- CAT Sectional Percentile
CAT Result 2023 – Important Points
- CAT Result 2023 will be released on CAT Official Website.
- The CAT Exam Result 2023 link will be made available through online mode only and on the CAT Official Website – iimcat.ac.in.
- CAT Exam takers will receive an SMS regarding CAT Result 2023 on their mobile number registered by them at the time of CAT 2023 Registration.
- CAT Result for all the slots of CAT 2023 will be released on the same day.
- The CAT Scorecard 2023 will consist of details such as the CAT Scaled Score and CAT Percentile of the candidate as per his/her performance in the exam.
Top MBA Colleges in India other than IIMs
How is CAT Percentile Calculation Done?
The CAT Percentile Calculation consists of three steps. According to the CAT Exam Pattern which has remained unchanged or witness a few changes over the past few years, 3 marks are awarded to students for every correct answer and 1 mark is deducted for every incorrect response. There will be no mark deduction for wrong responses in the Non-MCQ section.
Below mentioned are the steps for CAT Percentile Calculation:
- Every candidate's score if evaluated section wise after which the overall CAT Score is calculated by summing up the sectional score.
- Then, these CAT section wise, and CAT overall score are taken through CAT Normalization Process to finally calculate the CAT Score.
- After that, the CAT Percentile is then calculated by converting the CAT Normalized. CAT Percentile is the score which is reported on the CAT Scorecard 2023.
Also Read - CAT Score vs Percentile 2023
CAT Percentile Calculation 2023
In order to do the CAT Percentile Calculation 2023, CAT Score is used. The procedure of calculating percentiles for CAT Result 2023 will remain the exact same for all the sections of CAT 2023. The more the percentile is the greater the chances of selection will be. Below mentioned is the process for Calculation of CAT 2023 Percentile:
Step 1 – Take the total number of candidates who took IIM CAT 2023. This number should be the total of all the candidates of all the three shifts of CAT Exam 2023. Suppose the total number of candidates who appeared in the CAT 2023 is ‘N'.
Step 2 – Assigning a rank ‘R' based on the CAT scaled score obtained by candidates in VARC/DILR/QA sections to all candidates who took CAT 2023. If two or more than two candidates obtain identical scaled scores in the VARC section, there will be identical ranks assigned to them.
Step 3 – Now, calculating the CAT Percentile Score (P) of a candidate with Rank (R) in one of the sections as given below:
P = ((N – r)/ N) * 100
Step 4 – Round off the calculated CAT Percentile Score. This is calculated up to two decimal places. For example, all the CAT Percentile Scores which are greater than or equal to 99.995 can be rounded off to 100. All the percentile scores greater than or equal to 99.985 but strictly less than 99.995 will be rounded off to 99.99. and so forth.
What is the Meaning of CAT Normalization Process?
CAT Normalization Process - As the CAT Exam for MBA Admission is held in three different slots, a CAT Normalization Process is used in which the marks obtained by every candidate is scaled in order to bring equity to the CAT Marking Process. The normalization process of CAT Exam is the established practice used over the years to assess the performance of CAT Exam takers across the multiple session.
The parameters which are taken into account for CAT Normalization Process are mentioned below:
- Highest Score
- Lowest Score
- Mean Score
- Median Score
- Top 10 Percentiles
- Lowest 10 Percentiles
Read in Detail - CAT Normalization Process
CAT Result 2023 – Important Instructions
Candidates who took Common Admission Test 2023 will be able to receive their CAT Scorecard 2023.
- CAT Result 2023 will be made available online, and candidates must take a printout of their scorecard for future reference. However, there will be no hardcopy of the CAT Exam Result 2023 sent to candidates. The IIMs as well as Non IIMs institutes use the CAT Result 2023 based on their respective IIM Selection Process.
- The result of Cat Exam 2023 will remain valid till 31st December 2024.
- CAT Result is considered the base of admission to Indian Institutes of Management and other reputed business schools which are not IIMs. The candidates who qualify the sectional along with overall cut off for the respective institute will be invited for Group Discussion and Personal Interview Rounds conducted by the institutes to shortlist candidates based on their performance. Common Admission Test Result is given weightage during final selection also.
- Scoring well in CAT Exam is one of the gateways to get through the admission procedure of the Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) as IIMs do not accept any other entrance examination score when it comes to shortlisting candidates for admission to the programs offered by them.
- Besides IIMs, there are various other business institutes that accept CAT Score. Colleges like Faculty of Management Studies (Delhi), SPJIMR Mumbai, Management Development Institute (MDI Gurgaon), etc. accept CAT Score to shortlist candidates for admission.
What after CAT Result 2023?
After the declaration of CAT 2023 Result, candidates with the minimum CAT Cutoff score will be intimated via an email for further selection rounds. These intimations will be sent to candidates by the respective IIMs for the IIM Selection Process. Every Indian Institute of Management sends interview letters to the candidates who have been shortlisted for admission. These interview letters are sent via email or speed post. The selection criteria through which IIMs shortlist candidates vary across IIMs.
- Usually the IIMs follow the selection process which includes the rounds namely – Written Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussion (GD), and Personal Interview (PI). The newly constructed IIMs follow common selection process i.e. Common Admission Process (CAP) for which a separate registration window is opened once the minimum CAP Cutoff Percentile is released by the authority that conducts CAP.
- The final selection of the candidates for admission to MBA will be carried out based on the various factors such as CAT Score, Academic history, work experience, academic diversity, gender diversity, and performance in WAT/ GD-PI.
- CAT Accepting Colleges would be declaring the shortlisted candidates based on the candidate cutoff and percentile. CAT 2023 Percentile and Cutoff would be varying across institutes. While IIMs and lot other B-schools announce their admission criteria including cutoff declared prior to the CAT Result declaration, a lot of B-schools declare their CAT cutoff once the CAT Result is declared.
- The Selected candidates would be required to appear for the CAT Selection Procedure followed by institutes including Writing Ability Test, Group Discussion and Personal Interview. The result or the merit list at the B-school would are required on the performance of the candidate in CAT, Selection Rounds and the overall profile of the candidate.
Following factors shall be verified by the IIMs:
- Degree: The mark sheets of the candidate and the certificates related to the degree secured by the candidate shall be verified. The copies would be required to be attested by the candidate.
- Reserved Categories: The candidates belonging to the reserved categories would have to show a certificate evidencing their reserved category status.
- Final Year Graduation Document: Candidates appearing for the final year would be required to submit an original certificate from the concerned authorities from a college/institution.
IIMs and Government B-schools follow reservation criteria as per the Indian Government.
CAT Cutoff 2023
CAT Cutoff 2023 will be the minimum marks required by a candidate in CAT Result 2023 to become eligible for the next selection rounds. There are various parameters which are considered before the calculation on CAT Cutoff 2023. These parameters include:
- Difficulty level of CAT Question Paper
- Number of Candidates Appeared in the CAT Exam
- Seat Intake
- Previous Year CAT Cutoff