National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) is an all India level examination conducted by NCERT that serves as a scholarship for students. Students studying in Class X are eligible to appear for the exam.The scholarships under the present scheme are awarded to the candidates for pursuing courses in sciences and social sciences up to doctoral level and in professional courses like medicine and engineering up to second-degree level.
NTSE Examination is conducted in two stages:
Stage 1: This is a State Level Examination that is conducted by different States and Union Territories. Students who qualify Stage 1 would be eligible to appear for Stage 2 Examination.
Stage 2: NTSE is national level examination conducted by National Council of Educational Research and Training. (NCERT).
NTSE Stage 1 Examination was conducted on 4th and 5th November 2017. Stage 2 Examination would be conducted on May 13, 2018. Students of Grade 10 looking for a scholarship program would be able to apply for NTSE 2018. The last date to submit NTSE Phase 2 Application Form would be 31 December 2017.
Students of Grade 10 looking for a scholarship would be able to apply for NTSE 2018. The Last date to submit NTSE Application Form Phase 2 is 31st December 2017. Closing Dates of NTSE Phase 1 Application Forms are notified separately by various States and Union Territories.
About 1000 scholarships are awarded for every stage of education. The Stages are:
- For Grade 11 and 12, a scholarship of INR 1250 is provided.
- For Undergraduates and Postgraduates, a scholarship of INR 2000 per month would be provided.
- For Ph.D, the scholarship amount would be fixed as per norms of UGC.
NTSE Reservation is as follows:
- 7.5% for students belonging to ST Category.
- 3% for Physically Challenged students.
NTSE Qualifying marks for examination
- 40% marks in every paper for General Category students.
- 32% marks in each paper for SC, ST and PH Category students.
NTSE Eligibility Criteria is as follows:
- Only Grade 10 students are eligible to apply for appearing in the NTSE Examination provided the students studies in a school that is provided by the Government.
- The student should be below 18 years of age.
- Previously employed students would not be eligible for NTSE Examination.
- The Student has never applied to Grade 10 before.
- Open Distance Learning Students would also be eligible.