DMLT Course Overview
Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology is the full form of DMLT. The DMLT full-form course lasts two years and focuses on developing skills in illness prevention, diagnosis, and treatment using clinical lab testing. It is an option after class 12 and the price ranges from INR 2 Lakhs to INR 4 Lakhs. There were 337,800 job openings for DMLT Courses in 2019, with a 7 percent growth expected by 2029, implying that around 25000 new work opportunities would etcbe established by 2029. Admission to the DMLT is determined by the merit list of the qualifying tests. Several colleges like St. John's Medical College and Aligarh Muslim University, use entrance examinations to enroll students. Admission to the DMLT is determined by the merit list of the qualifying tests. Several colleges. Some universities provide distance learning in DMLT courses. Microbiology, Clinical Chemistry, Clinical Biochemistry, Radiology, Genetics, and other specialties are available to DMLT Course applicants. The average annual income for DMLT course-qualified people ranges from INR 2,00,000 to INR 5,00,000, based on job profile and experience level.
DMLT Course 2023 Highlights
The following table shows the details for the DMLT Course-
Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology
There is no specific entrance examination; however, universities such as NIMS and a few government institutes hold a CET to short-list students.
Passed the 10+2 with a minimum of 50% marks.
Depending on the institute, individuals may be admitted on merit or through an entrance examination.
INR 10k - 1 lakh
INR 2,00,000 - INR 4,00,000 per annum.
Hospitals, Colleges and universities, Pathology Labs, Medical Content Writing, Military Services, and so on.
DMLT Course Full Form
- The Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology (DMLT) is a paramedical science that deals with disease detection and treatment.
- It is the study of human fluids such as pericardial fluid, peritoneal fluid, pericardial fluid, urine, blood samples, and other samples.
- It is a two-year curriculum in which students gain an extensive understanding of biochemistry, pathology, blood banking, and microbiology.
- Students are also taught how to handle laboratory equipment and technology and also can gain hands-on experience using CT scanners, X-ray machines, MRI machines, and other medical equipment.
- The DMLT Course prepares you to do all types of testing necessary to identify an illness.
- The program is primarily intended to fill the void left by lab personnel.
- This component of healthcare is classified as paramedical science.
- It assists students in becoming experts in the various DMLT disciplines.
- Diagnoses, pathology, and hematology are a few examples.
- There are several DMLT career possibilities accessible, and the number of work scopes grows every year.
- Following the DMLT course, you can pursue numerous specialty courses.
Why Pursue a DMLT Course 2023?
Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT) is a branch of the healthcare system that aids in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases. Even though medical laboratory technologists and technologists operate behind the scenes, they play a crucial role in healthcare systems. The DMLT Course is one of the greatest options available to you in one of the fastest-growing sectors in health care throughout the world, and the number of students who choose it can find a variety of career profiles that match the abilities that you gained.
Some major considerations while selecting this course are as follows-
- There are numerous job possibilities in both the corporate and public sectors.
- Learn everything you can about healthcare.
- Currently in high demand.
Getting into the area of medical science is one of the most difficult and difficult aspects of one's life. For those who believe it is tough to gain admission to the MBBS program, this is an excellent opportunity to pursue a career in medicine. Candidates interested in the study, diagnosis, and treatment of various health disorders may enroll in this course.
When to Pursue a DMLT Course?
To be eligible for the Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology (DMLT) Course, aspirants must have completed their 10+2 with a minimum of 45 percent to 50 percent. However, some institutions/universities also offer students the possibility to pass secondary exams.
DMLT Course Eligibility Criteria 2023
Many universities in India often need applicants to meet the following qualifying criteria to be eligible for DMLT:
- Aspirants must have a minimum of 45 percent - 50 percent in aggregate with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/ Biology as required courses.
- Some colleges also accept 10th (SSC) pass applicants with a 50 percent aggregate.
- In India, there is no age limit for DMLT admissions.
- Candidates who are awaiting the results of their Higher Secondary Exam, popularly known as the HSC, can apply for the Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology.
Some of the fundamental talents necessary to become an effective technologist or technician are as follows-
- Analytical reasoning
- Basic computer skills and the ability to understand technical/scientific data are required.
- The ability to do research ability to complete things quickly, efficiently, and accurately.
- Discipline and attention to detail
DMLT Admission Process 2023
The following are some of the admission process steps to follow-
- Admission to the Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology (DMLT) is based on the qualifying examination merit list.
- Applications may be submitted either online or in person at the college.
- The DMLT program requires a minimum qualification of 10+2 with a minimum of 45 percent–50 percent aggregate and PCM/B as a mandatory subject.
- After the tenth grade, several institutions offer DMLT courses.
- Some universities, however, have common entrance exams for admission to the program.
- Admissions regulations for DMLT vary from institution to college.
- If you want to apply to a certain institute, you may visit their official website.
- Admissions deadlines differ from institution to institution.
- Typically, submissions begin in May and conclude in July.
DMLT Course Admission 2023
- Admission to DMLT is based on a merit list and the marks obtained in 10+2.
- Students are admitted to some institutions depending on their achievement in entrance examinations, such as Aligarh Muslim University and St. John's University.
- Admissions can be made either directly or through an admission exam.
- Direct approaches can be used both online and offline.
- Candidates must visit the institute's official website and apply for the entrance exam by paying the application cost and providing the requisite credentials and documents.
- After passing the admission exam, students can apply for the counseling session in which they will be assigned a college.
DMLT Full Form Entrance Exams 2023
The Diploma in Medical Laboratory has no special entry exams. Certain elite universities, such as St. Johns Medical College and Nims University, do, however, have a common entrance exam for screening.
Some examples of institute-based admission tests are-
- Manipal University Entrance Test
- Jamia Hamdard Entrance Test
- Amity University Entrance Test
- AISECT University Entrance Exam
- DMLT Entrance Exam Dates
The following table summarises information on DMLT entrance exams, registration, and application deadlines-
October 13, 2022 – March 2023
March 6, 2023 – April 6, 2023 (11:50 PM)
May 7, 2023
To Be Announced
To Be Announced
DMLT Course Syllabus
- The Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology (DMLT) is a two-year program with four semesters.
- Pathology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Pharmacology, and Immunology are among the disciplines covered in the DMLT program.
- Internships and projects tailored to suit industry requirements are also included in the DMLT program. However, the course format of a DMLT course may differ from one college to the next.
- The material below pertains to the Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology curriculum, semester-by-semester courses, and the syllabus provided by top institutions.
Subjects in the Clinical BiochemistryDMLT Full Form Course
The table below describes the disciplines given in each semester of the Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology (DMLT) program-
Basic Human Science
Fundamentals of MLT
Basics of Clinical Biochemistry
Information and Communication Technology
Metabolic and Technical Biochemistry
Human Physiology II
Community Development Activities II
DMLT Course Specializations 2023
The DMLT program provides applicants with various specialty options. Specializations in this field are in great demand and aid in professional advancement. Some of the specialties are as follows-
- Clinical chemistry
- Clinical Biochemistry
- Molecular Biology and Applied Genetics
- Clinical Pathology
- Immunology and Immunological Techniques
- Electron Microscopy
- Biomedical Techniques
List of Top DMLT Colleges in India 2023
Here are the top colleges in India located in Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Bangalore, and Pune that offer a Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology (DMLT) program. The course name and/or fee may vary from one college or university to another. The following table shows the details-
Top DMLT Colleges in Bangalore
The best institutions in Bangalore that provide the DMLT Program and the entire DMLT Course Fees are shown below. The course title and/or cost may differ from one to the next-
DMLT Course Fees (INR)
St. John's Medical College
Rs. 9.60 lakh
Rs. 2.55 lakh
Raja Rajeshwari Medical College and Hospital (RRMCH)
Rs. 1.20 lakh
Top DMLT Colleges in Delhi
The best institutions in Delhi that provide the DMLT Program and the overall DMLT Course costs are shown here. The course title and/or cost may differ from one college/university to the next-
DMLT Course Fees (INR)
Delhi Institute of Technology and Paramedical Sciences
Rajiv Gandhi Paramedical Institute
Delhi Paramedical And Management Institute (DPMI)
Rs. 1.60 lakh
Dr. Zakir Hussain Institute
Institute of Paramedical Technology (IPMT)
Top DMLT Colleges in Kolkata
The best institutions in Kolkata that provide the DMLT Program and the overall DMLT Course costs are shown here. The course title and/or cost may differ from one college or university to the next-
DMLT Course Fees (INR)
Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research
Rs. 2.40 lakh
Dinabandhu Andrews Institute of Technology and Management
Rs. 3.17 lakh
Rs. 2.47 lakh
Top DMLT Colleges in Mumbai
The best institutions in Mumbai that provide the DMLT Program and the overall DMLT Course costs are shown below-
DMLT Course Fees (INR)
ITM-Institute of Health Sciences
Rs. 1.08 lakh
Seth Gordhandas Sunderdas Medical College and KEM Hospital
Rs. 1.22 lakh
Rs. 60k - 90k
Top DMLT Colleges in Pune
The best institutions in Pune that provide the DMLT Program and the overall DMLT Course costs are shown here. The course title and/or cost may differ from one college or university to the next-
DMLT Course Fees (INR)
Rs. 21 lakh
KP Paramedical Institute
Maharashtra Institute of Medical Education and Research
Rs. 2 - 3 lakh
BJ Government Medical College
DMLT Full Form Scope 2023
The potential of one's talent determines one's scope in the field of Paramedical Science. The potential for Medical Laboratory Technology is expanding as the need for Paramedical Science grows. Following DMLT, candidates can pursue in-depth training in a variety of specialties. Students who receive a Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology, or DMLT, can go on to study for an advanced diploma, a Bachelor's degree in MLT, or certification courses.
Courses After DMLT 2023
After finishing the DMLT Course, individuals can apply for employment and internships in their desired career profile. However, if a person wants to pursue additional studies in the field of Medical Laboratory and Technology (MLT), there are several courses available in which individuals may apply and improve their abilities. With the following completion of the Diploma in Medical Lab and Technology, the individual can follow some of the undergraduate and certificate courses listed below (DMLT)-
1. Bachelor's Degree Programs to Consider Following a DMLT Course-
- Bachelor of Medical Lab Technology (BMLT)
- B.Sc. in Medical Laboratory Technology
- B.Sc. in Medical Imaging Technology
- B.Sc. Clinical Laboratory Technology
- BMLT, and B.Sc are some of the most sought-after courses after DMLT.
*NOTE: Please keep in mind that the above-mentioned Bachelor's degree courses may also be studied after 10+2. (not necessarily after DMLT).
2. Certificate Courses to Pursue After DMLT-
- Certificate Course in Anaesthesia Technician
- Certificate Course in Blood Bank Technician
- Certificate Course in Dark Room Assistant
- Certificate Course in Radiography & Imaging Technique
- Certificate Course in Training of Laboratory Assistants
- Certificate in Cath Lab Technician
- Certificate in Medical Record Technology
- Certificate Course in Clinical Diagnostic Techniques
*NOTE: Please keep in mind that these Certificate courses mentioned above can also be pursued after completing 10+2. (not necessarily after DMLT).
DMLT Full-Form Jobs
With the advent of Covid and other disorders, laboratories, and technicians are in high demand. People began to recognize the need for excellent healthcare systems. The government, as well as various commercial sectors, have already begun to build their healthcare systems. While jobs in many other industries are declining, employment in this industry is anticipated to increase by 18% by 2024. The Indian health care system is expected to provide roughly 40 million employment by 2030, with a net growth of 40 million USD. So there is no question that students interested in this profession will have plenty of options.
Top Recruiters of DMLT 2023
According to numerous studies, applicants who have completed MLT have found excellent work chances. The following are some of the top recruitment fields in which they are placed-
- Government and private hospitals
- Minor emergency centers
- Medical Writer
- Pathology Labs.
- Research labs
- Blood banks
- Education and many more
Top Job Profiles of DMLT Course 2023
With the Paramedical Industry expanding, there are 'n' a number of prospects for Medical Laboratory Technology hopefuls. The following are some of the most popular job profiles for MLT candidates-
- Medical Technician
- Laboratory manager
- Medical Officer
- Laboratory Testing Manager
- Medical Technologist
- Healthcare administrator
Aside from that, one might begin self-practice through their laboratory and earn a reasonable wage. A lab technician's monthly wage in India is INR 15,000 on average. An entry-level technician may expect to make INR 2,00,000, while someone with 5-9 years of expertise can expect to earn INR 3,00,000- 5,00,000.
Also read more about the Lab Technician.
DMLT Scholarships 2023
The following are some scholarships for Dmlt Courrse 2023-
- Above 95% overall in qualifying test; 100% Tuition price reimbursement; 90% to 94.99% aggregate marks in qualifying test; 50% off tuition 85% to 89.99% on qualifying test aggregate scores 20% off tuition.
- 80% to 84.99% on the qualifying test; 15% off the tuition charge.
- 75% to 79.99% overall in qualifying test; 10% tuition cost.
- 65% to 74.99% on the qualifying test; and 5% on the tuition charge.
DMLT Course Salary 2023
Medical Laboratory Technologists/Technicians are paid well in both the public and private sectors. Here is a list of wages provided by some well-known companies-
The table below shows the average salary of DMLT-Technologists paid by some of the most reputable firms, based on their expertise in the industry-
Salary Offered (per annum)
House of Diagnostics
The table below shows the average monthly payments provided for various job roles performed by DMLT applicants-
Monthly Salaries (INR)
INR 21,956 per month
INR 17,407 per month
INR 21,278 per month
INR 16,248 per month
INR 22,792 per month
The table below shows the average monthly salary paid to Laboratory Technicians in various Indian states-
Monthly Salaries (INR)
INR 15,674 per month
INR 14,701 per month
INR 15,873 per month
INR 16,910 per month
INR 16,052 per month
Noida, Uttar Pradesh
INR 15,155 per month
INR 17,465 per month
INR 16,428 per month
Career Opportunities in the DMLT Course
Graduates in this subject can work in a variety of professional settings such as laboratories, clinics, research institutes, blood banks, pharmaceutical labs, school labs, and so on. Post-graduate study in topics linked to the diploma subjects is also available.
Benefits of the DMLT Course
- Medical Laboratory Technologists often work in the shadows.
- Their tasks are equally vital as those of other medical professionals. Many illnesses are diagnosed and treated purely based on test results.
- Aspirants in the field of Paramedical Science have various advantages.
- Aspirants can find work in molecular diagnostics, molecular biotechnology companies, pathology laboratories, and research labs.
- This field offers competitive pay packages.
- Aspirants studying for the DMLT Course have several possibilities.
- After finishing the course, applicants can assist doctors in obtaining samples, testing samples, and so on, under adequate supervision.