Bachelor of Accounting and Finance (BAF) Latest Notifications
- JBIT Dehradun Admission 2023 is scheduled on January 16, 2023. Check out the details about UG, PG, and Diploma Courses. Apply here for the application form.
- The application deadline for IGNOU June TEE 2022 Registration has been extended to January 20, 2023.
- 17th January 2023- MAHE UG & PG Admission 2023 are open. The application deadline is March 15, 2023.
- 17th January 2023- June IGNOU TEE 2022 released and the exam is scheduled on January 23, 2023. Download the Date Sheet PDF of June IGNOU TEE 2022.
- 18th January 2023- Check details for Quantum University UG & PG Admission 2023.
BAF Full Form Overview
Bachelor of Accounting and Finance (BAF) or popularly known as B Com Accounting and Finance is a three-year undergraduate course that offers in-depth knowledge in accounting and financial subjects by different means such as classroom teachings, seminars, projects, practical training, industrial visits, conferences, expert talks, etc. The course helps aspirants to acquire knowledge in the fields of accounting, taxation, auditing, risk management, financial accounting, taxation, managerial economics, business law, and business communications.
BAF Full Form Course Details
BAF Course Type
BAF Course Duration
3 years full-time (Divided into six semesters)
10 + 2
Minimum Marks Percentage
Usually 55-60% (Varies from college to college)
Merit/ Entrance test
BAF Course Fees
INR 20,000- 3,00,000
Average Starting Salary
INR 3-10 LPA
BAF Entrance Exam 2023
In many circumstances, admission is based on a candidate's intermediate grade point average. However, some entrance tests are relevant to BFA admission, and these are as follows:
- IPU CET- This is a university-level admissions test used to choose the most qualified individuals. Aside from BAF, it is also used for a variety of other courses. Registration for the IPU CET will begin in June 2023.
- VEE- Every year, VELS University Chennai holds the VEE entrance test for admission to various UG and PG programs. VEE will be held in May 2023 for the next session.
- NPAT- NPAT registration will begin in February 2023. The approved admission test (NPAT) is administered by the Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS). It is held to provide UG and PG admission in a variety of specialties.
- LPU LPUNEST- This exam is intended to screen students, and scholarships are awarded depending on performance.
How To Prepare for A Bachelor's in Accounting and Finance?
There Is No Such Entrance Examination So Candidates Should Be Prepared Beforehand for The Course and Get Admission to One of The Top Institutes. Here Are Few Important Tips for Preparation:
- Candidates Must Be Aware Of the Detailed Syllabus for Finance, Accounting, and Taxation Is Important to Know What Actually the Course Covers.
- To Build the Confidence Candidates Should Practice Regular Problem Solving to Have a Practice of Their Application Skills.
- Solving Previous Year's Question Papers and Numerical in The Given Time Without Break Can Be Effective for The Exam Day Will Help the Student.
- Practicing Regularly and Effective Studying for Four to Five Hours A Day Is More Than Enough for Securing Good Marks on The Test as Preparing Beforehand Always Helps to Reduce The Pressure Built Up For The Last Moment.
Types of BAF Courses
Even for a single study program, there are a variety of learning methods that are tailored to the needs of pupils. The following are the most popular BAF degree categories offered in India:
Full-Time BAF Course
The most prevalent degree program offered by practically every institute in India is a full-time BAF. It is a regular course with courses held on a daily basis. This is the most popular degree program among students, with the majority opting for the full-time BAF program. The DUAT, SET, NPAT, and other admission tests used by universities in India for BAF are the most frequent.
Part-Time BAF Course
Part-Time The Bachelor of Arts in Fine Arts is a part-time degree program. Part-time courses are currently widely used at many institutions. Part-time study is ideal for working students who need to manage their time. They can work and study at the same time in this type of learning. It is just as gratifying as traditional BFA courses, and students have the same chances for work.
Online BAF Course
Online Bachelor of Accounting & Finance (BAF) is an online bachelor's degree in accounting and finance that is taught in the field of commerce. The duration of an online BAF might range from 3-4 years, depending on the institute and the student. Many Indian colleges are currently using the online learning approach to offer various courses, including BAF. IGNOU, Suresh Gyan Vihar University, TNOU, and many others are examples of such institutions. It is especially advantageous to students who reside in places without a nearby university. This course is also suitable for students with budgetary restrictions, a lack of time, and so forth.
BAF Course Eligibility Criteria
Admission to the Bachelor of Accounting and Finance (BAF) program is based on the following criteria:
- Students must have completed their 12th grade in either science or commerce from a recognized board.
- For admission to the Bachelor in Finance and Accounting program, students must have a minimum grade point average of 50%.
- Entrance tests are administered by colleges, and the results are used to determine admission.
- To pursue the BAF program in another country, you'll need to submit IELTS, TOEFL, or PTE results, among others. Additionally, SOP and LORs are necessary while submitting your application.
BAF Full Form Subjects and Syllabus
Financial accounting, cost accounting, taxation, economics, and a variety of other disciplines are covered in the BAF course. However, things taught under this degree may vary slightly from institution to university; most of the typical topics taught in the ordinary BAF curriculum are listed here.
Top Colleges for BAF in India
The cost of a BAF program in India is determined by the infrastructure and amenities provided. In India, BAF courses cost between INR 20,000 to 3 LPA. The specifications of BAF course costs at public colleges and universities differ from those at private institutions. BAF is different from other accounting and finance courses accessible to Indian students in terms of time and price. In comparison to other disciplines, bachelor's degrees in accounting and finance are in great demand. In comparison to international courses, BAF costs in India are extremely exorbitant. Fees for BAF course institutes in India that provide this degree are listed below-
BAF Colleges in India
Average Annual Fees
H. B. Institute of Communication and Management
H.A. College of Commerce
St. Aloysius Evening College
BAF Course Scope
Actuarial businesses, banking, business analysis, financial management, actuarial service, auditing, accountancy, taxes, economics, E-commerce, financial analysis, and financial planning are among the exciting opportunities available to BAF graduates. BAF graduates are in great demand by businesses and banks. BAF graduates are employed in both the corporate and public sectors.
Career Options and Scope of Work
Graduates of the BAF program are likely to work in fast-growing technology-related accounting firms. As technology progresses, graduates with a diverse set of abilities are in higher demand. Students can also work with KPMG, Deloitte, PWC, Accenture, Oracle, Gartner, SBI, NABARD, PNB, CBI, Goldman Sachs, Wipro, Ernst & Young, World Bank, Cognizant, KPMG, Royal Bank of Scotland, Google, HDFC, ICICI, Axis Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, and others. A BAF graduate can pursue a career in the following areas:
Average Annual Salary
INR 5.5 LPA
INR 5.8 LPA
Personal Finance Consultant
INR 8.4 LPA
Tax Policy Analyst
INR 4.4 LPA
INR 3.8 LPA
INR 11.4 LPA
Financial Risk Manager
INR 7.5 LPA
INR 8.6 LPA
INR 7 LPA
Sales & Marketing Executive
INR 8.2 LPA
INR 4.3 LPA
Along with these options, BAF graduates can also pursue the following professional paths with further qualifications:
- Chartered Accountant (CA): CA is one of India's most prestigious financial degrees, administered by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI). A candidate must pass three stages to become a Chartered Accountant: Foundation, Inter, and CA Final. After completing the second level, a candidate must complete a three-year article.
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA): The CFA Institute in the United States offers an international certificate program. It is divided into three levels, with applicants who pass all three earning the designation of CFA Charter. CFA is one of the most difficult financial courses, and CFA Charters are in high demand across the world.
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA): The designation of certified management accountant (CMA) denotes skill in financial accounting and strategic management. CMA are individuals who have earned this accreditation and are suitable for a number of positions ranging from financial controller to chief financial officer (CFO).
- Company Secretary (CS): The Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI) governs the profession of Company Secretaries in India, and offers a Company Secretary program (CS). The CS education is divided into two stages: CS executive and CS professional programs.
What after BFA Full Form?
Bachelor of Accounting and Finance is the full form of BAF. A master's degree in accounting and finance is available to accountants with a bachelor's degree in accounting and finance. The Bachelor of Accounting and Finance degree offers a choice of alternatives. Students might seek further education possibilities to deepen their comprehension of the courses after receiving a BAF degree. Students might also use higher education to prepare for a job in research or teaching. Students can enroll in the following BAF courses after finishing their course:
- MBA in Finance
- MBA in Cost and Management Accounting
- M.Com in Accounting and Finance
- M.Com in Accounting and Taxation
- PGDip in Professional Accountancy
- M.Com in Finance
Bachelor in Accounting and Finance Scope
A BCom Graduate in Accounting and Finance Is Open To Work In A Variety Of Fields Which Are Multinational Companies and International Finance Organizations.
- The Starting Salary Ranges From 6,50,000 To 11,00,000 As A Senior Level Analyst After Gaining Experience of More Than Five Years.
- As In India, Finance Is an Ever-Growing Sector that has A Huge Potential In The Future. One Can Be A Specialist In Any Particular Department.
- Candidates With Excellent Calculating and Management Skill Can be promoted easily In Their jobs and Can Rise Up To the position Of Director, CEO, or Head Of The Finance Organization Wherein The Candidate needs to Analyze and develop Strategies To Make The Operational processes more Feasible And Smoother.
- A World Where in Every Year There Is A New Taxation System, So There Will Be A Need For The candidates who Are Research Oriented. The Candidate Has to Be Up To Date With The Latest Finance and accounting Trends In The World.
This course teaches students how a company's finances function and how to keep track of its accounts. BAF is a new track that will be on the major stream radar shortly. It's a unique field of study that is advised for individuals interested in pursuing a career in finance or accounting. If a student has a strong interest in accounting and finance, he or she should pursue this degree program.
This undergraduate degree emphasizes practical knowledge over theory. This degree can be used by students who desire to pursue chartered accounting or a financial postgraduate course. It is possible to combine it with professional courses such as CA, CFA, and CMA. The average annual fee for this course is roughly INR 30,000. Different universities charge different fees. It depends on multiple factors such as: Faculty, Campus Amenities, Administration, and whether the school is public, private, or non-profit. Through placements, a reputable university will aid the student in their future job if they choose this course. Self-employment is also possible by establishing a firm in this sector relevant to the Course.