KL University (KLU)
The Koneru Lakshmaiah Charities commenced its establishment as a trust in the academic year 1980 with its official address to be Museum Road, Governorpet, Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh 520002 and started Koneru Lakshmaiah College of Engineering in the Academic year 1980-81. It is a Deemed to be a university. The university offers various programs at the undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctorate levels. These academic programs are offered in the field of Engineering, Science & Technology, Architecture, and Management. The university is currently operational in Hyderabad city too. The university has been recognized and approved by almost all the statutory bodies such as the University Grants Commission (UGC), All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Pharmacy Council of India (PCI), Council of Architecture (CoA), and Bar Council of India (BCI).
The university has also been recognized as one of the A grade (6-25 rank category) Universities across the country by Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements shortened as “ARIIA”, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India for the year 2020.
The university has also been accredited with a grade ‘A’ by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). The university assures the quality of teaching, academic environment, and research strength. The authorities of KL University have designed the set of courses offered by the university as per the industry demand. The courses offered by the university are not only innovative but also flexible and cutting-edge.
There are various academic activities conducted by the university that include pedagogy, research, and other industrial consultancy. The Center for Innovation, Incubation, and Entrepreneurship also known as CIIE and the Center for Entrepreneurship Cell also known as EDC believe in enhancing the entrepreneurial skills amongst the aspiring candidates.
The placement cell of Koneru Lakshmaiah University consists of various well-experienced and highly educated faculty members who work to ensure the best jobs for their students along with enhancing their communication and soft skills.
Why Study at KLU?
- The university offers academic flexibility through a choice-based Credit System.
- The curriculum at KL University is application-oriented and ensures high standards of competence for academic delivery.
- It offers Under Graduate, Post Graduate and Research programmes based on industry demand and also emphasizes trans-discipline and inter-discipline aspects of the education system.
- The well-equipped labs at the university enhance the learning experience of students.
KL University Admission
The admission procedure of KL University needs to be completed online on the official website of the university. Candidates seeking admission to any of the programs must visit the official website of the university and register themselves. The application procedure usually starts in the month of September or October every year. The university offers various programs at the undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctorate levels.
Check KL University Admissions 2022 to Know More About it
Below are the admission procedures for some of the main programs offered at the university:
- Admission to the B. Tech program takes place based on candidates’ performance in JEE Main, JEE Advanced, AP EAMCET, or KLEEE (entrance examination conducted by the university).
- Admission to B. Arch and B. Pharm is done based on candidates’ performance in NATA or KLEEE.
- Candidates seeking admission to the MBA program must possess a valid score in AP ICET, MAT, CAT, XAT, or KLU BSAT.
- For admission to M. Tech, candidates must possess a valid score in GATE or AP PGECET.
- Admission to the rest of the program is done based on the written test conducted by the university or merit.
KL University Courses
KL University Courses offer various programs at the undergraduate, postgraduate and doctorate level. These programs are offered under various specializations. Candidates seeking admission to any of the programs offered by the university must ensure that they fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria defined by the university.
Below mentioned are the eligibility criteria of programs offered by the university:
- For admission to B. Tech, candidates must have passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics securing at least 60% marks in aggregate from a recognized board.
- Candidates seeking admission to BBA must have passed senior secondary school securing at least 55% marks in aggregate from a recognized board.
- For admission to M. Tech, candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree in B. Tech or M. Sc in the relevant field securing at least 55% marks in aggregate from a recognized university.
- Admission to MBA requires a bachelor’s degree with at least 55% marks in aggregate from a recognized university.
- Candidates seeking admission to M. Sc must possess a bachelor’s degree in Science securing at least 6.5 CGPA in the relevant field.
KL University Placements
The KL University placement cell comprises well-experienced faculty members who work for ensuring the best jobs for its candidates along with enhancing their communication and soft skills. Till now 201 companies have visited KLU
- Highest package of 24.5 Lakh/PA in the year 2022, Top recruiters- Service now, CISCO, TCS, Amazon, Wipro, HP Invent, IBM, Infosys, i Value labs, Intel, Cognizant, etc.
- Following are the details of KL University Placements for previous academic years:
Placement Package offered to KL University students:
Read more about KL University Placements
Year-wise placement trends of KLU:
KLU Placement in 2022
The Highest package offered at the university is of INR 23 LPA in the year 2022, Top recruiters- Service Now, CISCO, TCS, Amazon, Wipro, HP Invent, IBM, Infosys, i Value labs, Intel, Cognizant, etc.
KL University Awards and Recognition
- KL University has been recognized as one of A Grade (6-25 Rank Category) Universities in India by "ARIIA" (Atal Ranking of Institutions on Innovation Achievements), Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Govt. of India for the year 2020
- KLEF Ranked 10th in Top 140 Engineering Institutes in India by Times Engineering Survey 2020.
- KL (Deemed to be University) placed #71-75 Rank in QS India University Rankings 2019
- KL Ranked #1 among Young Universities by Outlook-ICARE India University Rankings 2019.
- Higher Education Review Survey 2018 has awarded K L as No.1 Deemed University in Andhra Pradesh State.
- Times Engineering Institute Ranking 2018 has awarded K L College of Engineering as No.1 Engineering Institute in Andhra Pradesh State & Telangana.
- Best Higher Education Institute for Skill Development by Indian Education Network at 6th Skill Development Summit (2018)
- Number 1 Private Engineering College in Andhra Pradesh by Outlook & Drishti Engineering College Survey (2018)
- Number 1 Deemed University in Andhra Pradesh by Higher Education Review Survey (2018)
- First Rank under Private Universities category at AP Green Awards by the Government of Andhra Pradesh
- Ninth best Private University in India by India Today Magazine Survey (2018)
- Number 1 Engineering Institute in Andhra Pradesh & Telangana by the Times Engineering Institute Ranking (2018)
- Most Clean Campus in South Central Region by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) for Clean Campus Category in the year 2020