Practical training is NOT a priority here, no matter if they have laboratories with Fedora installed and everything, all you're gonna learn about linux is "init 6", at least in my time it was like that. I have seen people with sky touching grades still they had 0 practical knowledge, o'course, it's not true for everyone. Here are some of the pros and cons about this college that during my course of study @IGEF I have come to believe are very well true:
Nice campus (Not great).
Decent parking lot.
Some faculty members are really educated and I am proud that they were my mentors.
1. Principal is rude.
2. Poor hostel:
- 3rd world, low quality, LIMITED QUANTITY, tasteless food @ hostel mess.
- Hostel environment is insane. Robbery/Stealing is a normal thing over there.
- World's worst, and who knows, may be cheapest wifi with mere easy to crack data security encryption.
While we're at it, one time when all students went home on Diwali, I was the only one who didn't wanted to go, because we were not going to celebrate diwali that year coz of some reason, I was ASKED TO LEAVE HOSTEL and was told that we only pay fees for 11 months, again, college was about to get sued but, I didn't. Also, when I refused to go home, they cut off electricity most of the time so that I'd leave.
This act just showed this college's level in terms of humanity and being greedy.
3. Dreaming BIG is not encouraged here, the only thing students are encouraged here is to "get a job", no matter what it is. I have seen my friends working for INR 5,000/month, I know some students are earning as much as INR 1,00,000/month, even that's not good, but still it's okay.
4. This college can get you a lot of certifications, but still you might not know a word about the technology. Using your mobile devices is allowed during certification examination, so, you can tell.
5. I can go on and on, but let me stop here, let me wind up,
This college is just another FOR PROFIT private engineering college (business) which is not recognized globally, I am currently pursuing master's in computer science @ a reputed college @ California, USA and only I know how much being a graduate from this college is costing me. Highly NOT recommended.