About Calicut University Institute of Engineering & Technology, Malappuram
Calicut Institute of Engineering and Technology, Malappuram was established in the year of 2001 and is affiliated to University of Calicut.
Location: A campus of 25.17 acres is spread in the beautiful state of backwaters, Kerala. Surrounded by greenery the campus is close to nature essence and 24 KM away from the main city of Calicut.
Nearest Railway station: Parappanangadi Railway Station
Its also very well connected with buses across major cities
Creating not just Engineers but a Leader :
Currently, college is fully focused on its Bachelors in Technology program and run various courses under the same for giving engineers with vision. There is a very limited number of seats under each branch which is allotted on merit basis.
Eligibility Criteria for admissions:
1. Candidate must have minimum of 50% marks in 10+2 with science discipline from a recognized institution.
2. The candidate should have minimum 50% marks in mathematics and 50% marks in below mentioned combination of subjects.
Students need to take Commissioner for Entrance Examination, Kerala and ranking in the same will be taken into consideration admission and for selection of branch of a particular student.
Relaxation in marks:
1. For all the courses, candidates belonging to Socially and Educationally Backward Classes : 5% relaxation in total percentage. They need only 45% marks in above mentioned combinations.
2. Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes candidates : The candidate just need to pass the 10+2 examination from a recognized institution.
3. Physically Disabled candidate : 5% relaxation in total percentage. They need only 45% marks in above mentioned combinations.
4. For the students with grading system : Grades equivalent to 45 % will be considered for admission.
As per the government of Kerala and University of Calicut Fee for any particular course is fixed as:
Tution Fee – 35,000 Rs. Per Year
Special Fee – 2,600 Rs. Per Year
Caution Deposit : 5,000 Rs. Once in entire course
At Calicut Institute of Engineering and Technology, special industrial training programs are run in each batch to give them exposure to the industry and potential recruiters. Even for the pass out batches training have been designed through Campex program for improved logical reasoning abilities and importance of soft skills.
For overall development of each and every student Calicut Institute of Engineering and Technology has well-equipped laboratory and library for the better understanding of the course and aid their development process. College also focuses on the physical development of students and sports are given equal importance in developing their curriculam. Hostel and medical facilities are also provided to the students round the clock.
Anti-Raging Policy :
For protecting students against any bully or raging is taken very seriously. There is a specific anti-ragging committee have been made which comprise both students and faculty to look after that not a single student is being bullied in name of ragging. Rules have been made which is strictly followed by everyone inside the campus.
Cultural and Talent programs for students:
The organization always encourage social and cultural participation of its students through various cultural fest and seminars, which gives students a chance to show their talent apart from academic excellence.