Lovely Professional University National Entrance and Scholarship Test (LPUNEST) is an International level entrance exam conducted by Lovely Professional University (LPU) on annual basis in online mode to induct candidates into various streams of B.Tech courses (LPU NEST is conducted for other courses as well) that are offered by LPU. Candidates who are preparing for LPU NEST would be willing to crack the exam in one go so, as to get admission in their desired stream. Well, to do those candidates are required to be in possession of certain crucial information related to the exam like exam pattern, exam dates, exam syllabus (important topics), books to refer and above all a defined preparation strategy. Well, if you are thinking that you have to do all that research on your own than hang on and relax. We are here providing you all those necessary details that are required to ace LPU NEST 2019 in one go. You can solve the sample question papers available on the official website nest.lpu.in.
- The first and foremost information that a candidate requires is the exam pattern that will help him or her to have a guided preparation in the right direction.
- The LPU NEST 2019 would comprise of a total of 110 MCQ type questions
- Questions will be asked from the topics covering Physics, Chemistry, English, quantitative aptitude, reasoning and Mathematics (based on class XI and class XII Syllabus)
- The time allotted to attempt the exam would be 150 Minutes (2 Hours 30 Minutes)
- Four marks would be allotted for each correct answer and the good news is that there is no negative marking in case of the wrong answer given by the candidate. (It is advised to attempt all the questions as there will be no negative marking)
- No marks would be deducted for unattempted questions
- The maximum marks for the paper would be 400
Syllabus and Important Topics
After having done with exam pattern the next and the most important thing is to get a sight of exam syllabus and important topics under each subject for making a study plan. A detailed understanding of the syllabus would help you to prioritise your topics and know what to study with dedicated time and what topics can be done with minimum time duration. Try and gain an insight into topics that are attracting maximum marks in LPU NEST over previous years. The syllabus for LPU NEST 2019 would be same as the prescribed syllabus (English, Quantitative aptitude, and Reasoning would be of elementary level) of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics for class XI and XII (CBSE/ICSE Board).
Important topics from each subject that have been drawing a good number of questions in LPU NEST in the previous years are mentioned below:
|Physics||Magnetics, Optics, Waves and Oscillations, Current Electricity, Electromagnetic Induction, Alternating Current, Rotational Mechanics, Logic Circuits|
|Chemistry||Solid State, Thermodynamics, Electrochemistry, Surface Chemistry, Alcohols and Ethers, Organic Nitrogen Compounds, Carbonyl Compounds, Carboxylic Acids and derivatives, P- block elements|
|Mathematics||3 D and Vectors, Differential Calculus, Integrals, Probability, Quadratic equations, Sequence and Series, Matrix and Determinants, Differentiation|
|English||Verb, Tenses, Prepositions, Nouns, Connectors, Antonyms, Synonyms, Idioms|
|Quantitative and Reasoning||Number System, Venn diagrams, Analogy, Profit loss, Time and Work, Clocks, Speed and distance, Trigonometry|
Strategy for Preparation:
- Select only limited number books for preparation/reference purpose and avoid getting lost in the ocean of material available online and offline.
- Note down the important topics under each subject (as per previous years reference, the data is mentioned above) and focus more on them than other topics.
- Solve previous years papers and mocks in a time-bound manner to get an exam like the feel
- Look out for your mistakes in each test and note them in a separate notebook
- Revise all that you have done at the end of the week
- Take a tab on speed and accuracy in mocks
- Analyze in which subject you are scoring well and which is your weaker point
- Divide time per subject as per the result of the above observation
- Don't study any new book or the material 1-2 month before the exam and stick to your resource base
- Don't panic if you are scoring too low in mocks, practice more mocks to build confidence
- Accord equal attention to English, Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning part as this can help in boosting the score
Following these steps would help you to ace LPU NEST 2019 exam in one go.